View Single Post
Old 04-17-13, 08:58 PM
goldfinch

Bikes: Norco Search, Terry Classic, Serotta Classique, Trek Cali carbon hardtail, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Giant Cadex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jethro56
I think the New England Journal of Medicine editorial points out the failure of Sacks to design a valid experiment. I agree that the my present solution is behavioral. The behavior I accept now is that sweets are off the table forever for me. The banana deal is kinda an exception as I don't perceive them as sweet. I know they have fructose in them but somehow I have never felt compelled to eat more than one. The reason I eat them at all is that after a resistance workout I try to get my protein meal in. I eat 200-300 calories of skinless baked chicken breasts. That's close to zero carbs. If I don't eat a banana asap, my system just can't covert the protein fast enough and I feel depleted. I think getting the glucose back in the system is what I need but haven't found anything fast enough without fructose.
I agree on the bananas. They are the highest sugar fruit I can eat without feeling like I am getting sugared out.

I think a long term experiment on diet is about impossible to do. You can't exactly lock people up and force them to eat a particular diet for a couple of years. Or more.