View Single Post
Old 04-22-13, 09:14 AM
photogravity
Hopelessly addicted...

Bikes: 1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by northbend
I escaped the rain again this weekend by driving east.
I spent the day riding around the Lake Chelan area.

I found some new roads to explore on my first loop of the day.

My Singer works well in it's "Cino" configuration.

I followed these new dirt roads back to Chelan, then rode the scenic Manson loop.

It was early afternoon by the time I reached Chelan again. I was hungry so I stopped for a proper lunch at the Vin Du Lac Winery

It was getting quite windy when I rode the last leg of the day. A trip up McNeil Canyon on the other side of the Columbia River. This is one of the great climbs in the State. A road sign at the bottom of the hill warns you that up ahead it is 5 miles at 12%. On the way up, I keep myself amused by taking a self portrait thanks to a guardrail post and a 10 second timer.

I drove home, crossing over the Cascade Mountains to the cold rain in North Bend. My wife tells me it rained off and on all day. I smile, feeling the effects of a little sunburn on my face. Ahh thank you Eastern Washington, another great get away.
northbend, you are killing me with the rides you're constantly doing. Beautiful country, great rides, wonderful food... I really liked the photos you put up last week of the tulips.