Old 04-23-13, 09:08 AM
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!

Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BTW, I was in the postion you were in a few years back. Started riding road again and still had an old 1988 Trek 1000 and wanted something newer. Had a budget around 1000 and was looking at Tiagra and 105 equipped bikes. Rode everything I could at several shops and ended up back on a Trek, as it just "felt" the best to me. Rode, Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, Felt, Orbea, KHS, Bianchi and probably a few others.

The Tiagra has been basically bulletproof, but I am a just a light recreational rider and have probably put less miles on the bike since new than many posters here put on a bike in a year. Spend some time thinking about the ergonomics, how the shifters work, etc. Try to ride Shimano, Campagnolo and Sram and then choose based on feel. Best of luck.