Old 05-01-13, 02:02 PM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Although I live in NC, I have ridden a bit in the greater Chicago area (Geneva), San Diego CA, Atlanta GA, Greenville SC, Pensacola FL, and Wash DC -- mostly while on vacations. My brother lives in Geneva, so we ride from there out to the surrounding farmlands and it's all on a grid, making navigation a breeze. I have also ridden quite a bit while visiting my wife's relatives in San Diego, which is a very nice place to ride -- pleasant climate, a good network of bike paths and lanes, great scenery. Atlanta is a somewhat of a nightmare with regard to traffic, but does have some nice options. Last time I rode there, we stayed in Decatur and rode to Stone Mountain one day on a greenbelt and downtown Atlanta the next day (a Sunday morning) on regular streets. Greenville has some great surrounding roads heading into the mountains, but is a nightmare to navigate. We have been traveling there for 30 years and I still get lost all the time. Pensacola is mainly spent riding on roads near the beach; not many options but very scenic. DC has an incredible network of bike paths and trails, if you can find your way around. There are a million things to see in DC and I love to visit there. The C&O Canal trail is great if you have a bike with fatter tires.