Old 05-02-13, 06:38 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Steve,
Your last point, "Be Patient" is one that I have found to be lacking in most of us. And, one of the most important ones in maintaining a loss rate and the weight loss itself. You guys and gals know a lot more technical aspects about this than I do, impressive, save the blanket, irresponsible statements, and I have learned some things from this thread.

One area I had bad experience with is drastic weight loss from illness or surgery. I my 16 major surgeries between 2000 and 2010 I had several instances where I lost 50 plus lbs. while in hospital or on IV feeding, for long periods. Other than looking like a zombie the loss was impressive weight wise but as I recovered it came right back, I just didn't develop the balance of calories used and their quality and, my bodies metabolism had changed with the various drugs and time elapsed. Now that I am on a consistent good healthy diet for the renal failure and riding on a regular basis I am steadily losing weight and gaining fitness.

Mine had the extra motivation of do this or have a transplant/go on dialysis to keep me going on the straight and narrow, it does make you think twice about skipping a ride or having something salty or sugary/loaded with calories and fat. I have found that real change in your inner mind, having positive people about your goals and needs (like 50+ Forum members) around you will make it possible to lose weight and stay at a healthy level. JMHO, YMMV.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13