View Single Post
Old 05-04-13, 11:57 AM
crotch_rocket

Bikes: 1998 Specialized Hardrock Classic, 1999 Gary Fisher Marlin, Surly Karate Monkey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by napoleoninrags
Hey CR

I got a copy of your e-book via a *coughtorrentcough* site. I read in in its .pdf form on a computer screen in two sittings, reading late into the night till 3:00AM on weeknights. It is a very engaging read and deserves a much wider audience that what it has got now.

I've read other cycle touring books that were not as gripping as yours, but seem to enjoy more publicity than your book. I hope this situation changes soon. Congratulations on the book and good luck with everything!
Well, the book is now released in Kindle format, and it's really reasonable, at 6.99. The cost of two Grande Chai Latte's at Starbucks. That way, you won't have to >cough< download free versions >cough< anymore.

Here's the release for it.

MAN BIKES 5768 MILES THROUGH LATIN AMERICA, RELEASES TELL ALL KINDLE BOOK

American adventurer, David Nghiem, was in the middle of Andes of Western Bolivia when he discovered the airlines wouldn’t take his return flight tickets because his ticket agency went bankrupt. So, he made other plans. With the funds he had left over, he bought a flight to Panama City, and then biked across Central America. Tired and weary when he got to the Mexican/Texas border, he took a five day bus ride to Philadelphia.

The “road trip”, 2000 miles of bicycling through jungles, deserts, and mountains, included several side adventures: exploring “lost” Mayan cities, getting shot at in Guatemala, and swimming over crocodiles. And then there were some scary moments.

“If I was a cat — I have six lives left.” Says Nghiem.

“One evening I found myself in a desolate corner of northwest Costa Rica. The border area was infested with armed bandits, and I set up camp by hiding on a high cliff behind the brush. I couldn’t sleep and laid in my tent with my diving knife in one hand, and pepper spray in the other. I thought my heart would explode with every sound I heard.” Said Nghiem.

But David wasn’t through yet after that.

“I did a second expedition, through the middle part of South America, by bicycling through the Amazon in 2007. That one was 3768 miles. Now I’ve got four lives left.” Said Nghiem.

Read about his incredible adventures in his new Kindle book, Jackfruit: A Bicycle Quest Through Latin America, which chronicles his thrills, close calls, explorations, and the occasional romance at Amazon.com. The Kindle version retails for $6.99. A print edition is also available.

MidWest Book Reviews says about Jackfruit, “Five Stars – On the ground, at a gradual pace, one can view the change of the world in a detail not available elsewhere. Jackfruit: A Bicycle Quest Through Latin America chronicles David Nghiem’s travels as he takes his mountain bike and supplies and rides through the vast part of the world known as Latin America. As he goes through the jungles and cities, he sees the gradual change in culture and people, while facing the harshness of nature all along the way. Jackfruit is an exciting read, well worth picking up.”

You can follow Dave on his twitter @ twitter/dnghiem.