Old 05-04-13, 07:06 PM
spacemanz

Bikes: Frejus/Bertin/Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bottechia Professional.

Hey folks, I'm gonna start this thread without pics, then edit them in later. Yesterday, I made a little trip down to Tacoma, & picked up an older Bottechia Professional (henceforth called BP, to save typing, LOL) frame & fork. There are definitely a few "imperfections" in the paint, and it's missing the top tube sticker, but overall, it's in very decent condition. The chromed head lugs have a bit of rust, but it's cleaning up pretty well, with Brasso, and I found a small jar of chrome paint today, as well as a blue that probably won't be a "perfect" match for the Bottecchia blue, but it'll at least get it airtight. This is either a late-60s or early-70s frame, as the large sticker on the seat tube has the block-style lettering, and the race wins from the 60s are advertised ('64-'67). The cool thing is, I'm sure it's a Professional, because it has a sticker that says Campagnolo Prodotti Speciali, and the Columbus tubing foil decal is a very early type, with the outline of a dove, but it's not colored white, like later ones. Plus the Campy dropouts & forkends reinforce the model. Anyways, besides my great luck yesterday, in acquiring the BP, today I went out for paint & things, & found a C-Record headset, plus a 3 TTT stem, Model 2 or 3 I think, that's pantographed in a few places, most notably with G. Olmo in large cursive script on each side, like a signature. Plus on top are 3 elongated oval-ish indentations, painted in with red, white & green (the Italian colors). I dunno what I did to deserve all this good luck, but I'm liking it a lot. I had to post something about all this, even without pics for now, but I'll fix that soon. I wanted to clean up the frame some first anyways, the rust was pretty scary looking. EDIT: I see this is working now. There's much room for improvement, but this is a decent start. I got those lugs cleaned up WAY better than they were, but some work left, on the pitting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
001 (Medium).jpg (102.3 KB, 76 views)
003 (Medium).JPG (68.7 KB, 42 views)
004 (Medium).JPG (98.1 KB, 43 views)
013 (Medium).JPG (65.9 KB, 40 views)
016 (Medium).JPG (94.0 KB, 40 views)
014 (Medium).JPG (81.9 KB, 39 views)
007 (Medium).jpg (93.9 KB, 39 views)
008 (Medium).jpg (90.8 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by spacemanz; 05-05-13 at 03:17 PM. Reason: photos added.