View Single Post
Old 05-05-13, 07:43 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
Can see a larger Bike shed being required now.

Wait a year or so and you can buy him that 14lbs bike with 1,000 gramme wheels. Then introduce him to girls and you will have acquired N+1 without the wife realising it

Great to have another rider in the offing but it does mean that the new golf clubs may have to wait for a while.
When I think about the bikes I started with, him riding the Trek 5900 is not a bad start at all. Especially since it is outfitted with DuraAce and 1400 gram wheels. That has always been a great riding bike as well-the one I've used on all my week long tours. Very comfortable and a great all round bike.

I have more golf clubs than what I know what to do with. I've fine tuned my set over the years and I just don't need any more clubs. I'm very happy with what I have. However I have so many clubs in the garage I can put together a couple sets for another foursome and not miss a club.......

My wife needs a new bike if she is going to ride any at all. She is pretty short and really needs a WSD frame to give her a more comfortable fit. I bought a bike several years ago that my kids and her could use with adjustments for each but I think she has gotten even shorter over the years. Plus she is the shortest one in the group.........