Old 05-05-13, 12:31 PM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by plumberroy
I rode 26 miles of the little miami scenic trail yesterday. there are 2 crosses in this section for people killed at the crossings. One of the crosses has Stop, Look, Live on it plus the name. Most of the kitted out cyclist I saw blew right through the crossings. All marked with stop signs. I did see a van blowing his horn aproaching a crossing on a curve as an extra warning. Sad part is even with this accident not being the drivers fault , he will likely be traumatized by it for a long time
Roy
Originally Posted by plumberroy
He got hit because he thought the law didn't apply to him and ignored the light. The same cyclist that scream for equal rights to use the road think they shouldn't have to follow the same rules. The sad fact is if the cyclist obeyed the law and came to a stop , his family,friends and loved ones would not by greiving and broken hearted today.
Riding a bicycle doesn't exempt you from traffic laws.
Roy
More of your total BS thrown out just for trolling purposes. Give your off base agenda a break.

Every news report, including the one you just read, but with reading comprehension problems it seems, said the cyclist was not wearing a helmet. That means he was not a kitted out cyclist - so either you are clueless or you are trolling this death for your own false agenda.

How do you know he broke the law? Both Hawaii State and the Counties here refuse to set traffic light sensors so they will detect a bicycle. The only places traffic light sensors are set properly here, are on military bases. So the cyclist may have been legally proceeding through a red light; and he just screwed up not looking carefully enough for the van. The utility pole, left turn signs and bushes all make it hard to see approaching cross traffic at this intersection, especially since most of the traffic exceeds the 40 mph speed limit here.
http://goo.gl/maps/kP04b

Of all the cyclist deaths over many years, I have only known one case where the motorist truly lived with the cyclist death for the rest of their lives. That case was a professional truck driver in Florida that stopped trucking and talked to other drivers about safe trucking after the cyclist death. Some motorist even joke about the cyclist they killed. Most cyclist killers just move on with their lives just fine. If you do have any cases of motorist that stopped driving after killing a cyclist, I am interested in reading about those cases.

So give your off base trolling agenda a break for awhile.