Old 05-05-13, 04:11 PM
lindyfd

Bikes: Montague Paratrooper Pro, Yuba Mundo, Worksman, Kona Jake, Breezer downtown EX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Montague paratrooper pro initial (and ongoing) review from a clydes point of view

First of all, thank you for this forum and specifically the Clydesdale section.

I was looking for a folding bike to commute with and decided on the Montague. My commute consists of riding to the train station (about 1.5 miles) then another 1.5 mile ride to my job in Brooklyn. Mostly flat terrain with slight rises.

I am 5'11" 300 lbs. 38 years old. Haven't been on a bike in years but wanted to get back into it.

Been commuting with it for a week now and I am quite happy with the bike. I replaced the seat as the stock seemed kinda 2x4ish and added a cateye velo 9. I am going to try a different handlebar with a bit of a rise in them as I find myself riding with my fingertips often. Also the gearing is on the low side as I'm sure a mountain bike is supposed to be so a larger ring may be something I will look into. I find I am using the top 3 or 4 gears all the time.

Folding the bike is pretty easy but does require removing the front wheel and carrying it seperate. They do sell a bag for the Montague bikes but it is on backorder so I will report on that when I get it. It is a little awkward on a really crowded train but considering it is a large wheel bike it's not too bad.

Really digging the bike so far and will update as time and miles go on. And if any weight loss happens I will gladly tell the world about that too!