Old 05-07-13, 12:28 PM
tiger187126

Bikes: Specialized 2012 Sectuer Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveSC
You can still have accountability even if you don't ride with someone else on a regular basis. My wife and I use Endomondo and we have a "team" setup with us and my cousin. We hardly ever ride together due to schedules and a child at home but we see each other's rides and talk about them. It adds a lot of "I need to ride 1 more mile so I can be at the top of the leaderboard" or "I need to find another hill to climb" to our individual rides.
i have endomo too and there is a thread in this section that will link you too other people who are riding little monthly or annual challenges. i also keep a spreadsheet and basically compete against my self. competition definitely helps.

i'm the same way. in fact i'm sitting here procrastinating my first ride of the day right now. my current excuse is i don't know where i want to ride. i'm waiting for my lock to get here today so i can go back to having a reward for a particularly long bike ride, like a snack or a new movie or something. but excuses are like armpits, and mine's not a good one.

honestly i just have to get to the garage. once i'm on the bike and riding, i'm happy, but for some reason i just don't want to show up. i start drinking water and stretching, then i change into riding clothes, and by the time i put on my shoes i'm pretty pumped.