Old 05-08-13, 10:47 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5766 Post(s)
Liked 2,538 Times in 1,404 Posts
Yes, there is no cure. I agree that these are pretty funny, but even funnier is the reaction of US politicians.

Here in the NY metro area, we have a number of older parkways, most of which have narrower lanes and low overpasses, and therefore ban commercial vehicles. Trucks have always wandered onto these and a good many crash into the overpasses (despite good signage at the entrances). The ones that stop on time are also a problem because they have to be backed off the road, sometimes for miles.

Lately things have gotten worse, because more and more truckers are using GPS navigation. So instead of reminders to Professional Drivers to read signs and exercise decent care, our local politicians are calling for standards for GPS, and liability in case they cause trucks to venture onto restricted roads.

Is nobody responsible for his own actions in the USA today?

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.