View Single Post
Old 05-09-13, 03:10 PM
ksisler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by moochems
Riding on some 32 spoke double wall rimmed wheels that came original on my bikes direct hybrid I it new. Started at 320, down near 270 now. In the past month I broke 3 spokes. Each on different rides. I decided to replace my wheels with some 36 spoke double wall rims from my lbs. Haven't gotten them yet, but I anticipate my wheels will hold out until I do. I broke a spoke climbing a modest hill near my daily ride destination, stopped at the lbs to ask if I could buy a spoke and use their tools. Worker said no problem, and even offered advice and even did a little work for me. Best 1$ I wet spent at a bike store. I asked the guy to price a new rear wheel as I descried above, and to go ahead and price the front too. Came back within my budget and a claim that for the life of the wheel, truing is free. I was sold. I can't wait to get them so I can start riding hard again. Being timid about breaking spokes and having to "limp" home does not put me in the mental state for good riding.
Sounds like you found a good LBS. Support them with business and recommendations to friends and co-riders. If you want to and think it is appropriate, you could post its name and address here. Most LBSs are a bit marginal on total business volume, so a bit of help should be good for all concerned.