View Single Post
Old 05-11-13, 07:01 PM
gregaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Libertas Mixte Find (Lots of Photos_

*** Instead of starting a new thread and cluttering the forum, I am going to be adding some questions and updates on the restoration and build below, for those interested.

Was searching CL for a mixte for the wife, and this one caught my eye. After some emailing back and forth with my friend Mike / puchfinnland, and reading this tread, I knew I had to have it. When I got there this morning, I saw the 531 sticker peeking out and it was a done deal. Seller held firm at $100, but it was a good enough deal. The bike is pretty dirty, and probably has never been serviced (the headset barely turns), but is mostly there. The handlebars are as I found it ... OH, and it has a Bell memory foam seat, Bell tires and grips.

My goal is to clean it up, get a good seat on it, and make it a cruiser for the Mrs. Any ideas, or anything else you can tell me about it - is greatly appreciated! I am new, so anything that may be obvious to you ... may be lost on me.

PS: I already checked, and VeloCals wants half as much as what I paid for it for the new decals.

Here are the pics as found.

Last edited by gregaz; 09-19-13 at 11:30 AM.