View Single Post
Old 05-11-13, 09:46 PM
live_dont_exist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I've been meaning to update this thread for a while now but have been putting it off. For anyone reading it again, here goes. Earlier in the thread, I experienced a parched mouth, giddyness and a lot of other things which went away quickly. Many people gave me some great suggestions. So I did all of it..more warm clothing, hydrated well, ate well etc. But yet... it happened again. This time though, I knew what was happening and how quickly it'd all go away again.

..so I sat down and waited in the cold (This was some awful day at 20 F or something this winter in Andover,MA ). And true enough...it all vanished again and I could ride to work. So why..despite everything being okay did it happen again? One reason I kinda put it down to is poor sleep the previous night. That kinda seemed to be a common trend. Coz there've been other days when I've slept badly, and I've hated the commute back home, specially if its windy and my body aches and pains and all that (Yes I'm only 30 ).

But jokes apart... it seemed to be none of the things we discussed earlier. One interesting footnote to this would be...when I have an extra long bowel movement and lose a lot of fluid while in the loo, I suddenly get giddy and light headed...much much like the bike ride. Why? I dunno. It happens rarely but it does... So point being... it wasnt the cold, weather, panic, food, drink, clothing or anything....it *could* be sleep...but really I don't know. It's never happened after that though...and I'm enjoying the great weather now and loving biking a bit more after that harsh introduction to New England weather around 6 months ago. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

p.s.. Anyone in North Boston..how bad actually...was this winter? It seemed to be quite long to me. But it's my first one here...so I don't know. Thanks.