View Single Post
Old 05-17-13, 06:01 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd
I don't believe a word of it.
I didn't do it. Nobody saw me. You can't prove anything. (And I really rode 1342 miles yesterday. )

But I did bike to work today!

Standing on the platform, waiting for the train.

A serene part, heading south on the Blackstone River Bikeway; on the left is the remains of a canal:

At the office, two Bianchis, old and new:

I tried a new route today to avoid a particularly messy intersection rt146 and rt116. I had tried this two years ago when I started this commute, but the bridge over rt146 was being rebuilt so I had to turn around. Today I tried it again. The maps showed it to be about a mile and half longer. It was, ah, tough. For those of you familiar with Rhode Island, it includes running west on Wilbur Rd from Limerock on Great Rd over to rt123. I figured it might have a hill, since rt123 tops out on a hill with an airport up there, right above my employer.

Wilbur Rd is a quiet, isolated, largely rural lane. After crossing rt246 westbound it goes UP. The climb is only about 1/3 mile, but the Topo USA reports it as having an average grade of 10% with sections as high as 18%. My legs still ache from that climb. On the other hand, the run home that was a lot easier!

Well, the intersection I wanted to avoid was in the homeward direction anyway. I probably won't go that way regularly inbound, but that's probably going to become my regular homeward route.

Last edited by jimmuller; 05-17-13 at 07:03 PM.