Old 05-18-13, 03:56 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also agree there is no reason to blame the victim, regardless of when or where, especially since this appears to be a hate crime situation (bicyclist hater) - now if it were the guy with the U-lock who got dragged then there would be some marginal blame on the victims part. Partially for escalating. Partially for not having the sense to make proper use of his weapon in a manner that neutralized the threat and wasn't just retaliation for retaliations sake.

But the guy with the U-lock wasn't who got dragged !!! I could sort of understand it if the driver jumped back in his rig and took off tires smoking and caught up with the U-lock guy and ran him down, but that is not what happened. The driver just turned and attacked the next bicyclist. A hate crime pure and simple, no different then someone a hundred plus years ago adopting an "The only good Indian is a dead Indian" policy and shooting them at random because he got his horse stolen by an Indian once.

Last edited by turbo1889; 05-18-13 at 03:59 PM.