Old 05-22-13, 06:29 AM
DX-MAN
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Burton
Stans is a latex based sealant aimed primarily at cyclists running TUBELESS setups. It seals beads extremely well but 'cures' to a non-liquid firm and needs replentishing if flat protection from punctures is the objective. Expected life expectancy is given by Stans as six or seven months.

Slime markets a variety of products including seperate products for flat protection in tubeless and tube set-ups. The life expectancy is given as two years.

The best anti-flat protection for tubes comes from FlatAttack who offer a five year warranty on their products. However, they state that their product us NOT intended for tubeless installations.
This mirrors my experience with Stan's; less than impressed.

Originally Posted by Myosmith
IMHO, Slime is one of the worst products ever marketed to cyclists. It makes a mess, adds unnecessary weight, plugs valves, and doesn't prevent leaks worth squat. Get yourself some decent tires and tubes and forget you ever heard the word Slime.
Agree -- you'd have to PAY me to use Slime.

I don't consider ANY tube 'additive' to be worth a damn; each and every one I've encountered has been due to having to clean them off some dilettante's wheel after a blowout.