View Single Post
Old 09-11-05, 01:54 AM
rbaker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just compared the keys on my cuffs with those on my Krypto 2000 and the cuff keys are bigger. I doubt I bic pen would work but I'm not going to try. Did Master locks change the design because unless the plastic stretches or something it is not going to work. Now a pen of the right size...

I just bought these cuffs because I read my Krypto 2000 Evolution can be opened with a bic pen. Looking at the links in this thread and elsewhere on the internet I've yet to find a video of the cuffs being openned with a bic pen. All the threads imply that all cylindrical locks have this problem which is obviously an over-generalization.

According to Master Locks, the cuffs use a more advanced cylindrical lock that is not susceptable to this problem, and they are still giving out $4000 in anti-theft insurance as of today. Their cheaper locks did use a defective mechanism and they are recalling them.

So how many people here have had their cuffs picked by bike thieves?

So what is the deal? Did they change the design? Why did my Bike store stop selling the defective Krypto models but still sell the cuffs?