Old 09-11-05, 11:46 AM
chrisvu05
Legs of Steel

Bikes: Pegoretti Marcelo, Cannondale six13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't want to comment on the doping scandal...but I would like to make a comment to Dog Hair. Lance Armstrong is probably the single most important cyclist in recent time. He has Michael Jordan status. People like you that "dog" (no pun intended) on him just give people more fuel to make people dislike cycling. If Lance hadn't come along do you really think the people of the United States would be paying attention to to cycliong at all? NOPE!! Do you think trek would be as big as they are? Do think people would be flocking to bikes shops all summer long to buy something that they will end up using for 2 months and then get tired of it? I can understand if you dislike the guy as most people who aren't winners usually dislike the guy that wins everything. The Yankees are hated, Michael Jordan was hated, Babe Ruth was hated, Ty cobb was hated, Hank Aaron was hated, get the picture. Someone always hates the winner. I believe that he might have at one point tried doping drugs when they were no illegal. But I don't care because he is competing against top athletes in an event that lasts for almost a month. He puts in his work and is known to be the best trained athlete in cycling. Look at this guys physique!! He is a specimen. He has everything physiologically perfect to be a cyclist. His resting heart rate is in the mid 30s range! I'm sorry, but you don't get a heart rate this low without doing some serious exercise. He has a ridiculous V02 max, and he has a tolerance for pain. Cancer made him realize that the minor aches and pains that he felt everyday while cycling were nothing compared to that of chemotherapy and dying. So dog hair...give him so credit...

As far as the doping scandal goes, I'd like to say that I have recently found a cure for AIDS!!! But I can't prove it and I can't show that the test were not biased.

Last edited by chrisvu05; 09-11-05 at 12:08 PM.