View Single Post
Old 05-26-13, 12:41 PM
76 VETTE

Bikes: Peugeot PH10 and Diamant

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Already introduced myself in the general introduction part but I understand not everyone of you reads that; it can be found here; Hi-from-The-Netherlands

Originally Posted by TromboneAl
I'm not saying this is relevant to you personally...
Hugh Laurie tells a story of how he was racing in a demolition derby. At one point, two cars crashed and exploded in front of him. As it was happening, he realized that he was bored. He decided it indicated there was something wrong with him (like perhaps depression), and he started seeing a therapist.
Haha... I like this one..... but this doesn't relate to me... because the voices in my head keep telling me over and over again there's nothing wrong with me.....

Originally Posted by -=(8)=-
I know what that word means from a literary standpoint, but personally, no.
Originally Posted by Banded Krait
..... My personality must be the exact opposite of yours, for I am almost never bored.
That is exactly how I am when OFF my bikes; Never Bored could be my middle name. That's also the main reason why I find it disturbing enough to ask for advice here.

Originally Posted by HawkOwl
But, if you are bored and can't find a way to be happy on a bike maybe you need to change hobbies/sports?
That would be the easy way out..... and that's not who I am.. and you neither judging from your signature
So far I managed to make it into the top 3 at the National Championships of EVERY sport I competed in... and although I don't have the intention of achieving this in cycling, I don't want to quit; I just want to find a solution within the sport of cycling.

Maybe things will get better when the weather clears up and I am able to ride my bikes to work and back.
I already thought about racing but I also plan to take up organised racing MX after 20 years (practicing for a year now). But it doesn't hurt to find out what the possibilities are, does it?