View Single Post
Old 05-28-13, 06:38 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
New commute this morning since I moved over the weekend! It's on the same route though only closer, saving me 8-10 minutes. My original plan was to move further away for a longer ride but I think I'm going to like this.

Originally Posted by Telly
Athens calling! (no Memorial day for us)

Typical sunny weather, a bit cooler than usual (mid 20's C) made today's commute very comfortable. My late morning commute to work was quiet with little traffic but the afternoon commute back was hectic to say the least with your typical tired drivers not paying attention, and even worse was the hoards of zombies returning from a day at the beach.

Don't know if any of you have this problem, but lately a lot of pedestrians waiting at bus stops sit down on the curb with their feet sprawled into the lane forcing cars and bicycles alike to migrate towards the center lane! I'll try and snap a photo but I'm still puzzled and perplexed as to why they aren't scared of having their legs run over!

Oh well, life in the Med I guess!
I have one here where they're standing out in the road sometimes. I think it's a subconscious territorial thing laying claim to the space.