Old 05-29-13, 04:00 PM
meanwhile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thugpipe
the advantages(as i see them):

1.its small which makes it much easier to carry up stairs into my apt to store and to cram onto the train when needs be, it is also nice when walking it through crowds.
2.it is very nimble which i love on the tight streets of nyc and with the tire size I can pull crazy cornering at maximum speeds, I can touch my knee to the pavement
3. it is very rugged with small strong wheel and a steel frame I can load the hell out of it or jump off a curb with confidence, its kinda like the fastest bmx you've ever ridden.

the disadvantages

1.the gearing can be a little tricky because of the small wheels, so I top out at 100 gear inches (not really a problem for me) and that is with a 55t chainring.
2.some people complain that the small wheels don't deal well with pot holes but I have found that with the 1.95 hookworms that isn't a big deal although they weigh alot. and i dont know how you feel about it but I cringe more on my 700c wheeled road bike when I hit a hole than I do in this thing.
I think you have almost the perfect design for the job - small wheels are super agile, and the fat tyres you have will grip like crazy and have low rolling resistance. If I was in NY I'd go out now and buy the same frame.