Thread: Folding pedals
View Single Post
Old 09-12-05, 08:53 AM
af895

Bikes: 2003 KHS F20-Westwood folding & enough parts to make several more bikes...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just picked up a KHS Westwood identical to yours except in gray. I've had a look at your recent mods and just wanted to ask about the stem extension. Does it give you a full 3.5 inches of extra height, and is that the longest stem extension available? Also, I'm curious about your new handlebars. Do these add any extra height too, or are they jsut for comfort?
Hey Shilun!

The attached pic is of the most recent iteration of the bike.

The extension is more like 3 to 3-1/4 inches of extension, assuming you've already got the stem on top of the spacers. I can't comment on availability of other heights; this was the highest I found locally.

The gull-wing bars offer about 3 inches of "sweep back" putting the grips closer to your body. They also offer more grip positions than the stock, flat-bar.

I have them in the "dropped" configuration so they actually lower the grips by ~2 inches. The opposite applies - if they were installed the other way up, they'd add ~2 inches of rise. I find having them dropped isn't uncomfortable because they're so much closer to the seat.

Love to see pics of your bike if you'd care to post them and a review to compare the KHS with the Giant would be great too. (I bet "The Folding Society" would publish it)