View Single Post
Old 06-01-13, 06:14 PM
trainchaser

Bikes: my bikes: Old: 1965 Schwinn 10 speed, 72 Monshee 12 speed, 77 Norco 12 speed, 95 Trek 850, two Specialized Crosstrails, 2016 Specialized carbon Sirrus. New 2020 Trek FX1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 14 Posts
noobies checking in...

Hello,

We are Janice and Lorne Miller from Victoria BC. We just got back into cycling after a ten year hiatus and can really feel the results of our first three rides. Nothing like giving a workout to your aging muscles to give a lift to your overall well being. My wife is tickled pink with her new hybrid with 700c tires and step through frame, she put a cute basket on it and it fits her to a tea. But I realize after just three rides that I made a mistake in the bike I bought for myself and have already narrowed in on what I will buy to replace it. I bought a Specialized Expedition for myself based on the recommendations of the salesgirl at a local LBS, but it just doesn't seem to work that well for me, it was recommended on the basis of how much I weigh and the fact I'm "an old guy" who weighs 235 lbs. She thought the comfort bike would be a good choice for me. My previous bike was a Trek 800 Sport and I thought after listening to her that it might be good to try a more upright position, but I find that the very upright position and forward crank of the Expedition seems to inhibit my ability to get maximum efficiency out of the bike. So I'm looking at a Specialized Crosstrail instead, haven't figured out which one yet, and I may get them to put a bar with a bit of a rise on it and get bar ends to allow a change of position. I had these on my Trek and they made a lot of difference when you were out riding for the day.

Any thoughts from the rest of you are welcomed and very appreciated.

cheers,

the Millers

Last edited by trainchaser; 06-02-13 at 12:10 AM.