billydonn
Council of the Elders

Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Strava May Massive: I'm Number 11,379!

Anyone else do the Strava "May Massive" Challenge? After a winter of intense but infrequent training and a pretty sketchy spring due mostly to weather (but demands of work were a factor too), I committed to do it figuring it would be good motivation to get my endurance base back.

It wasn't easy and I felt tired a lot but it sure seems to have worked. I had two streaks of riding seven days in a row and finished the month with nine days in a row, and got in well over my 1000k target. (Fussy old Strava did not count about 55 miles that I entered manually, so I actually had 666 miles or about 1070k.) It is rare for me to rack up so many days in a row of riding, but there is something to be said for it I think... even when the rides are not that hard or particularly long. The ability to recover seems greatly enhanced. I feel great and a day off really feels like it provides a big boost right now.

Oh yeah. I finished 11,379th of over 60,000 participants.... not epic of course, but decent by my standards. I'm really looking forward to June and then July, when I will be riding in Italy.

http://app.strava.com/athletes/478873

I sense that May might have been a breakout month for a lot of folks. How did May go for you?