View Single Post
Old 06-04-13, 12:56 PM
Kind of Blued

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cthenn
I laughed when I read the first sentence "with the advent of a cleaner peloton". LOL based on what, because Armstrong is no longer around? What gives anyone any belief that the peloton is any cleaner? No one in the 90's and and early 2000's knew about or how to test for EPO, so what makes anyone think the cheats aren't simply ahead of the game again? Is anyone going to be surprised if in 10 years, there's a whole slew of guys who get busted for some substance that today the testers have no clue about? We got track cyclists winning the Tour de France and 39 year old guys winning road championships. SEEMS LEGIT. LMFAO please.
You make it sound like cyclists themselves are getting PhDs to develop their own homebrewed pharmaceuticals. That new GW-something drug was never even manufactured or approved, but hit the black market and riders have already been tested for, popped, and banned for using it. I first heard about it a couple of months ago. How exactly might an extremely effective performace-enhancing drug exist about which an anti-doping organization "have no clue about"?