View Single Post
Old 06-09-13, 10:43 PM
Tavish

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I haven't posted in a couple of weeks so here is the most depressing recap of racing ever. I cried over the capital and MoE loss!

Mutual of Enumclaw (MoE) Stage Race - Cat 3
TT - I did absolutely terrible, went out to fast on my road bike and was severely disappointed with the TT, so I had to make up ground if I wanted overall

Crit - They stopped the Crit midway through because of a bad crash.

RR- To begin MoE has a weird course for the first 5- 6 miles of each loop it is flat then you climb up mud mtn, a pretty easy climb then you descend into town (a 4 mile descent that is pretty gradual with a headwind).

On the 1st of 5 laps I accidentally road off the front hoping to establish a breakaway of 5 or so but no one held my wheel so I put in about 8 miles solo hoping someone would come along then I sat up and got back in the pack that as chasing me. On the second lap I dropped alot of food out of my pocket! 3rd lap I ATTACKED and went solo developing a 45sec gap on the climb and skipped the feed zone. 4th lap it grows to 1:30 and I am hurting. 5th lap I am dehydrated and bonking and am regretting missing the feed zone. Meanwile every descent I have to spin like mad with my compact crankset just so I don't get caught. I am spinning out and my eyes are crossing. I see them chasing hard and I hope I can hold on. 800m from the line after 32miles solo I get caught. I think if I would've grabbed food and had a double I would've won....

Capital Stage Race - Cat 3
TT - Went out way too fast and kinda blew up, with non aero jersey no shoe covers or disk taking 6th in the TT.... about 12 sec back
Crit - I launched a attack at the same time as another guy right as a teammate of mine had been caught. We were about 12 laps out from the finish. I manage to ride with the guy and ended up riding him off my wheel and rode 11 laps solo getting up to a 15 sec gap. Then right before the bell lap about 1.2k from the line I went into a corner to hot with some bad pavement and CRASH. I cant get up and going because my rear derailleur was bent into my wheel and I am bleeding profusely. If I wasn't so greedy for time I would've won the crit and overall.

RR - nothing stuck and everyone rode like girls that had never ridden 90 miles, whenever something mightve worked no one would pull through or they would goto th front of a group of 3 and try with all their might but slow it ****in down. I was a leadout guy and sprinted from 350m out and managed to finagle a 6th place.

Tuesday - PR - 1/2/3 - I raced this for the first time ever and It was WET. Only 15-20 ppl showed for the race I was in. However 8 guys were from HSP and I just switched from HSP to Audi... I responded to Todd herriott's attack, steven wilsenns, and aaron shaws. Then TH comes at me again and before I know it I am in a 5 man break with 4 guys from HSP (all 1/2's) so they continually attack me and I decide to pull through (Unexperienced racer move) then David richter comes by me and I hit 1050 watts trying to respond but couldn't get on. I then chase all by myself for 3 laps and get within 50 m of getting back on, but never did I take 6th to wilsenns who sat in after the breakaway........

Ballard Crit - Made a move or two nothing stuck and my legs felt fine. I was about to attack on the last 5 laps but then as we went through the finish line and it had reached 5 laps to go, I FLATTED.....

So many uneventful weekends in a row. Hopefully with all my bad luck recently I will start a streak of goodluck.