View Single Post
Old 06-12-13, 07:28 AM
Vlaam4ever

Bikes: 2008 Giant TCR Advanced

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've spent the past few days looking for LBS'es to test Cross bikes. Nobody has them, excepte the Performance store that gave me better advice that I credited them for. I did talk to some knowledgeble sales folks and I have a small list of recommendations but I'll need to go to the store and order a bike based on recommendation and trust they will get it to fite.

LBS 1 Carrries Trek Cannondale. Highly recommended the CAADX. pitch was that it essentially a CAAD10 built a to be used as a cross. I love the CAAD 10 so am putting this at the top the list for function and cost. I'm very disappointed on the color options but can live with it I suppose.

LBS2 Carries Specialized Bianchi. High recommended a SORA version of the CRUX. The CRUX is a gorgeous bike and will suite me well for many years in Cross or commuting. It may be more bike that I need for this first go at cross, it's nearly out of my price range. I'llhave to order it soon to get on the waiting list for a 2014 version of the Sora model that is comming out late july... They do have 56cm 2012 expert Crux so I can at least get a feel for the bike sizing and what it can do, it is way out of my price range though.