KevinF
Keep on climbing

Bikes: 2004 Calfee Tetra Pro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by genec
I had a strange dream last night that I was on a machine that was fully dynamically adjustable... the saddle moved, the angles tilted, the bottom bracket moved, the handlebars moved up down, in and out and rotated... I just sat there and cranked, while all the adjustments were being made and in the end, the readouts and data showed how I fit onto a particular set of bikes that would be ideal for me in various riding positions.

So the real question is... does anybody Fit cyclists like this?
Yes. You dreamed about the Serotta Size Cycle. There is nothing on that thing that is not 100% adjustable. Try different saddles, handlebars, angles. You sit and pedal for as long as you want. When I did my last fitting the fitter had size cycle hooked up to a CompuTrainer that tells you all kinds of interesting info like how smooth your pedal stroke is along with what your wattage output is. I told him how things felt at any given position (i.e., stretched, crunched, etc.), and we looked at the compu-trainer numbers until everything reached a happy medium. Errr, wait. "Happy" isn't the word I'm looking for. Un-believably-delightful is a bit better. Call the guys at Serotta and ask them for somebody who has taken their fitting class near you.