View Single Post
Old 06-14-13, 02:08 PM
BikeNkd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help deciding between two bikes

So I have gone through the stickied " New to folding bike" thread and have read through all listed forums extensively and from that I have figured out what is right for me and what I want. So this thread is less of a " help be find a new bike" and more of a "help between these two bikes" kind of thread.

So I have a question. I am looking at getting a new bike as I currently have no form of transportation. I am strictly looking at folders as I refuse to spend a large sum of money on a road bike that I know for certain will be stolen (has happened to me before and I will never let it happen again). My choices are between a Dahon Formula S18 - $1400 or a Dahon Vector P8 - $800. My problem is that the S18 is a ton of money but so is the Vector. I am more inclined to get the S18 (even tho I would have to probably put either on credit) for the following reasons (let me know what you think). I want a bike that is going to last, will have everything I need, and require minimal fuss. The S18 has that but it is very costly. The vector on the other hand does not have everything I need but it is slightly less expensive allowing me to upgrade it as I see fit over time. I am afraid to make such a huge monetary commitment to the S18 but at the same time I also feel that the vector could cost just as much if not more for all the parts plus shop time leaving me with a massive headache,time without transportation, and wondering why I didn't just purchase the S18 in the first place. What is everyone's feeling on this? Would the S18 be a wise choice or would the Vector?. Would neither at this moment in time be a wise choice as putting such a pricey item on credit is a bad idea?.

By the way as far as the credit thing goes I am only considering doing it because there would be no interest charged if paid in full within 12 months which I can certainly do.

Last edited by BikeNkd; 06-14-13 at 02:12 PM.