View Single Post
Old 09-13-05, 04:29 PM
roxys.mama
Oi!

Bikes: Masi Team 3V, Diamond Back road bike that I built through trading massage with my wonderful messenger friends in Sea-town! I just tore it down to build my Masi. This bike served me well for the last 4 years!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Best/Worst Crashes

I was hit by a car a couple weeks ago and I would like to hear about others experience with crashing and/or getting hit.
Here's my story:

I ride the Burke-Gilman Trail in Seattle as much as I can to get around. There is one particular part where the trail goes down below the road (N 34th) and under the Fremont bridge. I needed to get onto the bridge so I rode the sidewalk (which is legal in Seattle). The sidewalk is narrow and not very smooth along this area. There is a driveway that comes up onto 34th. This van came up the driveway and stopped at the sidewalk. I continued forward looking up at the van and looking down at the sidewalk so I wouldn't fall over. Just as I was in front of the van, he hit the gas and hit me and launched me out into the street where there was a car coming at me. That car saw me and stopped (WHEW!!!). The guy in the van jumped out to see if I was ok and all I said was, "Get my bike out of the street!!!" (I ride a 1993 Masi Team 3V) After that I realized how bad my leg hurt...
I am on crutches, in a knee brace, can't work and stuck at home with the internet to entertain me.
I look forward to your stories!!