Old 06-18-13, 06:46 AM
godshammgod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sherbornpeddler
Godshammgod,
Bravo! Congratulations! Fast and 3000 ft. of elevation. Great video.
You all looked cheerful and fast; no panniers of raingear, fenders and spare tires.
How were you able to dine and explore afterwards?
How was Morrissey Blvd. (not a fan of traffic on that bridge), the jog east to Plymouth and 6A?
Again, congratulations!
Thanks!

I'm glad we looked fast, not sure we felt that way the last 30 miles or so! I've learned to really pace myself on long rides ever since I injured my bike, so I do a lot of spinning in the small ring.

One of the great things about the ride is that they have a bag truck that drops all the bags at the finish line in Ptown. That way everyone can have a nice, fresh change of clothes for the post-ride fun. I must admit, our exploring was more akin to walking around in that familiar post-ride endorphin/exhaustion haze. Not bad though!

Luckily Morrissey Blvd. was not bad. We started around 6:15 a.m. or so, thus beating most of the traffic. The whole ride was largely low traffic. Even 6A was unexpectedly light. The rail trail was also fairly quiet for an 80 degree Saturday-- not that we were complaining!

It's a hard ride, but one that I always find myself enjoying immensely. Lots of friendly people, and no hammerhead egos trying to "race" to the finish.

Jim-- those storm clouds certainly look ominous! I was en route to my physical therapist in Natick last night and the skies quickly got dark as the wind whipped up. As you said, it went from dead calm to rather gusty in just a few seconds. Glad I was not outside!