Old 06-24-13, 02:58 PM
Richbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Would you be willing to share the source of the M4.5 bolts? I did a quick search, which turned up a company called Screws Industries (fun name?) in Glendale IL, but it looks like they don't sell directly to consumers.

[QUOTE=steadyshifter;14828782

Thank you Bianchigirll and RobbieTunes for your comments.

Ultimately I used Origin8 alloy cable stops and found it a reasonable task to fit them to the brazeons, which presented a circle and a forward facing key.

First step was to bore out the interiors of the stops by stages from 3/8 dia to 1/2 dia using a drill press and a vise, to fit over the circle of the brazeon.

Next step was to cut the slot to clear the key, using a hacksaw blade in a pad handle and a file.

Finally, these brazeons call for M4.5 machine screws rather than the M5 screws we find universally today to fasten cable stops.

After being told several times of the nonexistence of M4.5 screws, I found a supply in in Illinois. The rep was kind enough to I send me a small quantity as samples. I would be glad to pass on a pair of these screws to anyone who is in the same fix that I was.

RobbieTunes already has his on the way.[/QUOTE]