View Single Post
Old 06-24-13, 04:10 PM
valygrl

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Ex. I did read your weekend, I get it, it happens to everyone, even the big dogs. Hope you are not too injured.

I'm definitely looking at all this as a learning experience. Going to review my training plan with my sort-of-coach next week, see if I'm leaving any FTP on the table for those climbs, and go to a pulmonologist and see if I can get my EIA under better control because that feels like part of the problem. As for riding off the course - not sure how to control or learn from something I don't understand. Thinking about it now, I have a few theories I won't bore you with, mostly involving focusing too much on the plan and the future instead of what is going on around me at the moment. (oh holy crap... time to start a Zen practice - other bits of my life have been telling me this too.....)

I'm happy i was able to put it aside and ride a good TT.

I know I write pretty long and detailed race reports - writing it helps me try to understand what happened and sometimes I have an "ah-ha" moment and come up with something to do differently next time - and sometimes one of you guys helps me out with that.

So, thanks for reading.