Old 06-25-13, 10:30 AM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyBoyAz
Not to criticize, as I didn't watch your videos, but it is possible at some point to upset someone with your behavior. At that point it might be a safety issue; riders who understand pack riding also understand how to create a crash which leaves clavicles, ribs, arms and faces broken; those same riders might not have self control (particularly sprinters) to keep them from dropping a stick/pump in your wheel spokes etc. I am not saying it will happen, but antagonistic behavior has its costs.
I never draft a stranger. I almost always change lanes to pass anyone with aerobars. Don't want to cause a crash myself and don't trust anyone's skill level.

Not everyone on a pursuit bike is a triathlete...
They all look the same to me pretty much, unless of course they are female and wearing a Speedo bottom.

...some are CAT racers working on their TT skills... and those riders might be quick to anger.
Interesting. Anger makes good bike fuel up to a point. Let them apply that to the pedals. I use what I call "artificial hate" myself. I don't REALLY hate anyone out there riding but I somehow tap into a temporary manufactured hatred for time trial bikes when riding around them.