View Single Post
Old 06-27-13, 07:27 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
I used all three LBS for several years but I fear that it will be two very soon. My main LBS is where I purchased my bike and the majority of things now, they are doing well it seems, bikes are definitely being purchased and they carry and sell a wide selection of parts, accessories and consumables that sell well, fortunately . One of the other two is apparently going down hill quickly, they quietly closed a store they had just opened a few months prior and they no longer carry Trek or the other small Trek associated bike makes. They tried a coffee bar in the newest location that closed up and now are incorporating this in one of their other stores, I have yet to see someone buying or drinking coffee there. Their shelf stock is poor at best, I received a well intended gift card for them last Christmas that I gave up on since they had nothing at any location I could use and their employees had very little cycling knowledge, strangely.

The third is the high end Bianchi shop for the area, seem to be doing alright although, I understand they recently changed owners, I do shop there on occasion, kind of pricey but nice folks when I have used them for a purchase. They are sponsirs for our club, as is my main LBS and, they are ride sponsors on a regular basis. Hopefully they will stay in good shape. I don't get in to much discussion about the business health of the shops, save my regular shop, it just isn't anything I talk about much, I can only go by what I see when I visit and what other riders in the area say. Its a strange market here so I won't venture a guess as to what is happening with them or any potential new shops. A Dick's Sporting Goods opened last Friday but I doubt I will visit them anytime soon since they are in a mall.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13