View Single Post
Old 06-28-13, 06:29 AM
neo_pop_71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...off?highlight=

I have decided to part ways with the 1986 Nashbar Terra XT frame and fork, the bike is a very nice copy of a Specialized Stumpjumper. The frame and fork are straight gauge CrMo tubing, both the frame and fork have lugged construction, and the red with gold metal flake paint is in very good condition. The frame will come with the Tange Levin MT-225 "Sealed Mechanism" headset and Shimano square taper bottom bracket, both are very smooth and spin freely. I'm also included the SR Laprade seatpost and Suzue quick release seatpost clamp. The link above will take you to a thread I started when I was seeking info about the year and general info about the bike. This bike sat unused in a garage for most of its life, as a result it is in very nice cosmetic condition and would make a wonderful commuter, excellent trail bike, or with its long horizontal dropouts could be built up into a great singlespeed.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, I already have a number of frames and other projects going, so a parts trade would be ideal but I'm not ruling out anything. I'd love to see this well made Japanese frame and fork get put to use, the early 80's geometry and the three (3) water bottle mounts lend itself to a nice commuter build but the frame and fork only have single threaded eyelets (threaded rack mount eyelets too) so a long distance touring bike might be a challence. Please feel free to questions, I'm happy to help out, and thanks in advance for any offers.

Best regards,

-D-

p.s. I also have the Shimano XT BioPace triple crankset for trade with the frame or separately, the teeth are in great condition since this bike sat unused in a garage. The crank is filthy in the photos but I will be cleaning it this weekend, so don't be discouraged the the grease and grime, it will be cleaned and looking great! Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
TerraXTprofile.jpg (104.0 KB, 91 views)
TerraXTjapan.jpg (85.0 KB, 82 views)
TerraXTslogan.jpg (92.5 KB, 77 views)
Nasbar Terra XT 1986.jpg (91.3 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by neo_pop_71; 06-28-13 at 07:08 AM. Reason: XT BioPace crank trade info