Old 06-28-13, 04:50 PM
longbeachgary

Bikes: Eddy Merckx San Remo 76, Eddy Merckx San Remo 76 - Black Silver and Red, Eddy Merckx Sallanches 64 (2); Eddy Merckx MXL;

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
I took a second look at the video. Correct me if I'm wrong, the guy passing you didn't hit you. You fell after hitting the car in front of you ( being distracted by the passing car threatening to push you off while blaring his horn at you. ) While a certain amount of fault can be found by the stupid motorist trying to push you over it doesn't explain why you didn't just swerve to the left as there was ample room to go around the car in front of you. To me, avoidance of collision always takes highest priority ( even when you have legal right-of-way ). Since your bike is equipped with video this event could easily be interpreted ( or misinterpreted ) as someone looking to gain monetarily from a civil suit. Not saying that's the case here but it is one possibility. The person passing has to take some fault for driving in an overly aggressive way but regardless, the cyclist still has to try to avoid a collision at all cost.

Whether or not your collision was a "flop" or not is not something easily ascertained by viewing the video. ( * I'm not making judgements here just commenting on what I'm seeing ).
Hard to tell from the video but it looks like the driver side swiped the trailer causing the bicycle to veer right.