Old 07-04-13, 05:10 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Sweat is what dropping weight is about...

Many of us hate being fat. I have never been fat but admit to having an aversion to fat. Skinny bike riders are the fastest of course and I don't like being fat anyway. So what is my recipe for dropping weight? Diets suck of course. Riding in cold weather doesn't seem to melt off the pounds...not that I do big miles in cold weather. Over the years, I have learned that sweat is the way to drop weight. It probably isn't the safest thing to do...have to be a bit careful and hydrate a lot. I am a bit careful now into later life to not ride too aggressively in hot weather. It is very hot throughout the country this early summer...including the Midwest. Even trying to ride in the morning or night, the temps are up and that means a lot of sweat on bike rides. Yesterday's 60 mile ride was quite the sweat fest. Water rolling off my head onto the top tube like it was being poured. Riding moderately fast in heat for me is what melts the fat off. Yeah. This is what I like. Melt the weight off...get thinner and faster then be able to eat what I want like today on July 4th.
Good riding everybody.