Old 07-04-13, 08:47 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Hi. Yeah, I watched the stage. Yes I ride a bike. I was watching the Tour De France.

Now, the stage was basically pan flat. In my dreams I still can't ride as fast as the pros, but the average speed doesn't tell the whole story. One guy got away, and was caught with over 100 K's to go. From that point on, they basically cruised to the finish. I don't care about the speed, the fact is it was one big group rolling along without even the hint of attacks. There were spells of crosswinds which did create some chaos, but apart from those few K's, it was a very mundane stage.

Maybe I'm just jealous that some of you guys find stages like this riveting. I just found myself drifting in and out of consciousness watching this stage. In fact, I had to sand and paint my front door today, and yes, watching the paint dry was more interesting than the middle of this stage. It was over ONE HUNDRED KILOMETERS of knowing the last 250m would be a bunch sprint. How anyone can think watching 2-3 hours of guys not racing is good entertainment is beyond me.

EDIT: NBC interviewed Vandevelde after the stage, and was asked if there was a "truce", and though he didn't use that word, he did say that no one wanted to attack. So, from a guy who was actually in the race, he is saying (in so many words) what I said, today was a "recovery" day.

Last edited by cthenn; 07-04-13 at 08:59 PM.