Old 07-07-13, 01:47 AM
Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BohicaX
The honking cassette as you describe it lol... (I had a good chuckle at that) is made for mountain work but on the other end of the scale I can sit on a comfortable 35-40km per hour hauling that rig without spinning out so for me that is comfortable riding. To try and pick it up it's heavy no doubt about it but surprisingly it rolls pretty darn good with little effort once you do get it rolling. I must admit though I'm on the other end of the scale when it comes to touring I'm not a credit card tourer nor do I rely on anyone to get me out of trouble as I carry everything both for survival and spare parts I'm truly self supported. I take responsibility for my own actions so I do my up most to ensure I don't rely on others or risk other life's because of my own desire to be adventurous.

I go as far as carrying two spare rims among many other spares I carry they do break and if it wasn't for carrying spare rims I couldn't have fixed this problem hundreds of kilometres from nowhere in the outback.

Part of the adventure this is my home and I pedal it if you see me crossing the USA stop and have a chat with me I will give you the time of day.

Amazing bike! As you say, not for everyone, but my hat is off to you.

Might I ask about the 11-41 cassette? Did you make that yourself?

Also, what is a "bog rapper"?

Last edited by Medic Zero; 07-07-13 at 01:50 AM. Reason: ETA: bog rapper