View Single Post
Old 07-07-13, 03:30 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Well, I sold my car last fall. I had put 50 miles on it in 8 years of ownership, and 30 of that was driving it home from where I bought it.

I read the entire novel. Too much info and not well-related to the question, "So, my question to everyone is this: Do you still own a car? How do you balance your car/bike lifestyle? Do you feel any guilt? Please, share your thoughts on this little issue."

Yes, ideally we would all be better off if we were on a planet without cars, one built for mass transit and lower energy consumption. However, we don't and we will sooner or later have to suffer the consequences. Until then, we are on a car-planet and must live within the constraints of it. Even car-free, all of my groceries, and the things that I buy, and my power require petroleum, coal and nuclear energy to arrive at my apartment.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.