Old 07-07-13, 06:44 PM
spare_wheel

Bikes: NA

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
How many traffic tickets have you had to "suffer" because of Oregon traffic codes about bike lanes?
What makes you think the horns and insults you "suffer" are the result of Oregon traffic codes? Maybe there is something else about you or your riding style that earns you more insults and horns than other cyclists suffer in other locations with or without bike lanes.
once there is a segregated facility motorists tend to interpret the existing law to mean that cyclists "must" always use it. this is one of the major problems with poorly designed and incomplete segregation.

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Maybe there is something else about you or your riding style that earns you more insults and horns than other cyclists suffer in other locations with or without bike lanes.
When I take roads with no infrastructure I have virtually no problems. Only on a few small stretches of my commute where I take the lane to avoid a very problematic cycletrack do I have negative interactions. Previously this stretch had a 6 foot bike lane which I used without any problems.

Last edited by spare_wheel; 07-07-13 at 06:52 PM.