View Single Post
Old 07-10-13, 08:30 AM
chefisaac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Raincapes.... Ok... Where I start.... LoL

I did a lot of research before I bought mine and finally, after talking with fetzbob, I went with http://www.catoregon.org/cat-store/

i used it a couple of time thus far in the rain warmer weather. No doubt it will work wondering a in the winter time, for summer, it is a bit warm. I ordered ultrex because it wicks water and is waterproof versus the canvas which absorbs water and becomes heavy although it is from reusable material which I like. I bought mine for touring and needed it not to soak water in.

It works wonders. It is hot when used in the summer time. The wind, yes, is an issue and WILL slow you down. Think about it, the front basically is an awning over your body and legs. But it also acts like a wind sail.... But not in a good way. When I used it during heavy rain and wind, yes I did prevent cold rain water to come in but I was pretty sweaty after the ride. Guess that is better to be frank.

Te front will catch wind regardless if you are having a head wind or not. Just the nature of the beast.

Also the hand straps take a bit to get used to. It can limit signaling for a turn but you will get used to it.

Is it m favorite thing I use for cycling? No. Does it work? Yes. Is it hot? Yes. Does wind catch it? Yes. Is it water proof? Yes. Would I buy it again? Yes.

The company was great to work with, based in Eugene, Oregon. I went with the one I went with because of the fact that it does not soak up water like the waxed canvas ones do. That was important to me.