View Single Post
Old 09-15-05, 11:51 PM
chain stain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to make my rockhopper more aggresive

Not too long ago I purchased a specialized rockhopper, to get into the sport, based on the fact that it was considered one of the better bikes for around $500 and i really liked the feel of it. Unfortunatley I didnt do my home work and wasnt really aware of all the different styles of mountain bike (made for different styles of riding). lol well i now know that i have an xc bike that isnt really made to take the abuse i want to give it. I would really like to do some aggressive riding...jump, drops, etc... but nothing too crazy.

I was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction as to what upgrades I can do to make this bike a little more aggressive and that would even be worth spending the money. I know this bike will never be able to handle the same type of riding as a bike that is made to be aggressive, but i know theres gotta be away to put a little bad a$$ in this bike.

I know a fork would be a major thing i would need to upgrade, but i have no idea what kind to look at. I also know that xc frames cant handle certain kinds of forks.

wheels? components? etc..?

also can someone explain what make my bike so unable to handle an aggressive style of riding as is.
Im really new to this sport (strong background in bmx jumping though) and I apologize for my ignorance on all this. I would really appreciate any help and advice Thanks!