sarcasm meter: jerk mode

Bikes: 2005 Kona Blast; 2005 Turner Flux, 2006 Felt F3C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sincitycycler
Please translate? Thanks
The second part that wasn't translated was, "They should not be used as a DJ bike."

Bikes with a 71 to 73 degree head angle should not be used as a Dirt Jump bike.

Although it was alluded to in a few posts, what you have to specify is what kind of riding you plan to do. Given that you're a roadie, I assumed it would be Cross Country (XC).

The other general types, with my spin on things:

XC - Cross Country. Riding along some sweet single-tracks with some obstacles like rock gardens, a few small drops (3'), some climbs, some descents.

DJ/UA - Dirt Jumping. Urban Assault. Trick riding. Think of BMX riders that have grown up and want a bike with shocks and more than one gear but still want to do what they did on their BMX bikes.

FR - Free Ride. XC with more of everything. Bigger drops, jumps, etc. Beefier bikes than XC.

DH - Downhill. Take a ski lift or a ride in a vehicle to the top of a mountain and let gravity be your friend. These are big hefty bikes with long suspension travel and with little need of pedaling efficiency. Climbing a hill with this bike is just plain tough.

There are other terms that may or may not be just some company's marketing terms. "All Mountain" comes to mind. In this case I think All Mountain is similar to Free Ride.

Anyway, of these classifications, what is it you want to do?