View Single Post
Old 07-14-13, 06:44 PM
northernlights

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
From what I saw, the bicyclists were in full control of their vehicles, while the motorcyclist wasn't. I don't see any way that they can be lumped into the same category, except that they were all on two wheeled vehicles.

Am I missing something or do you not feel that riding road bicycles on public roads for pleasure is appropriate? Or is it how they're dressed? In any case how does it make any difference what they were riding.

Maybe we should all ride on tracks, or maybe the sidewalk?

Your dress style doesn't mean anything to me. If anything if you're going to be riding on the street then wearing day-glo lycra is probably a smart thing to do because it makes you more visible.

But I would question if riding a road bike or sportbike (aka crotchrocket style cycles) could be considered pleasurable. I think people who ride them do it for the thrill and the speed not the pleasure of it. There can't be much pleasure being in that hunched over position for extended periods of time. But you're willing to sacrifice comfort for speed. They also like to show off to their friends or impress women (in the case of sportbikers). Cycling in a bike lane or on a bike path is fine but to ride a bicycle on a busy street like Mulholland that makes no provisions for cycling seems rather dumb to me, and certainly not pleasurable.