View Single Post
Old 07-15-13, 10:00 PM
fixedgearinker

Bikes: '01 Cannondale CAAD5 3000si, Framed Minnesota2 Fattie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks! That's my thinking, the reason I am a bit suspect is this is a size large frame: the gal I bought it from is 5'5" and had clearance. The measured standover is a bit over an inch less than the Specialized specs in the owners manual for a large- the stand-over height is about the same as my medium frame Epic which isn't an accurate metric I know but she went to lengths to make it fit with ultra-short stem, seat-post cut down with just a few inches showing so I am wondering if she may have had her shop reduce the travel to shorten the height for a better fit... I had it out today for a bit and had no issues with bottoming but then again I was just on smooth trails with no hits... I agree about the fork stanchion being less with shortened travel but without having a known full travel I have nothing to reference with... there is a Float 80 RSL on my Epic and I have approx 40mm less stanchion showing than on the Stumpjumper which would, to some degree, mean to me that it is at 120. Regardless I am very pleased with the bike and the current travel is more than sufficient for the riding I do, I just like to know/learn about stuff.

Last edited by fixedgearinker; 07-15-13 at 10:07 PM.