View Single Post
Old 09-16-05, 09:41 AM
Blackberry
In Memory of One Cool Cat

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Facing The Facts About Backs

I've been riding a Lemond road bike for the past couple of seasons. It appears to fit me well, and it is very comfortable to ride. However, each of the past years, after lots of happy miles, my back has gone s-p-r-o-i-n-g in September.

I was diagnosed with a bulging disc in my lower back. I was told it was due to sitting at a desk and then spending my free time on a bike.

I've faithfully done my stretching and core exercises and worked my way back into shape. In fact, I felt better than ever for most of the past summer.

Now, after this latest sudden back attack, I'm beginning to wonder if I might not be better served with a less aggressive bike, something like a Trek Pilot or Specialized Roubaix. I dearly love the Lemond and in my dreams even see myself on an Italian road machine someday.

Anybody ever face this delemma? If so. Did you try either of the above mentioned bikes--or anything else that you liked? Thanks for any insights.